Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

Thursday, March 20, 2008

1 Thessalonians 1:2-3 and Philippians 4:8-9

"We always thank God for all of you, mentioning you in our prayers. We continually remember before our God and Father your words produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ."

"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything, is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things...And the God of peace will be with you."

These two passages are on my heart right now...today has been a tough day. I am emotional, I am missing my family, and now I am missing my dear friend, Lacey. There have been many discouraging things that have happened today and I find myself wanting to dwell on those. However, after receiving a pep talk from my hubby, I am getting back on track. I know God has a purpose, a plan, and a mission for me to accomplish in these next few weeks. I would not choose to be by myself right now...it is not what I want nor is it in my comfort level. However, I am choosing to see God in the little details around me, and what better time to experience the fullness of God! So I will persevere...

The first verse I wrote above came to mind as I thought about my time with Lacey. Her friendship is definitely one that is appointed by God. I just love her! We had an incredible time here in Africa, and I really believe we used each moment to the fullest. Lacey has a servant's heart. She is willing to do anything for anyone at anytime. She puts others before herself and truly loves others as Christ has commanded. Her heart is pure and she loves the Lord. I have loved spending every moment with her. It has been a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. I am so blessed to call her my friend. Thank you Lacey for your unending compassion, your faith, and your encouragement. I love you, sister! I am praying for your safe return and for lots of zzzzzz's on your Dubai flight *smile*

I know there are soooo many of you praying, and it delights my heart. I couldn't do it without your prayers. Now, I am calling all you prayer warriors to your knees on Katie's behalf...
She needs good medical care in the States and quickly. I cringe at the thought of having to wait another 2 to 3 weeks (not only because I am homesick but because of her health). We need a verbal and a written ruling to happen miraculously fast. Then I can meet with another official to get a cover letter, apply for the passport, and then the visa. The passport is typically taking 2-5 days and the visa is 24-48 hours. The verbal ruling is scheduled for Tuesday and the written ruling generally takes 2-7 days. I want this next process to be finished without delay.
Katie is responding better since being on the Amoxicillin. However her hemoglobin is so low, that she might need another blood transfusion. The nurse called me today and is very concerned about Katie's blood levels and she is suggesting I get her in for a transfusion. She is also dehydrated, and it is painstakingly hard to get her to drink water. (The other day I had to put a few drops of strawberry milkshake in her water to get her to drink!) I know Katie is feeling ill but I have gotten very mixed responses from the medical staff here on what to do for her. All I want is to get her to the USA before we seek any more medical treatment.
*Please join us in praying for strength and hydration in Katie's little body. The pain associated with sickle cell anemia is severe, so please pray for the pain to be totally eliminated. Pray for her hemoglobin levels to rise to a stable level. I know and believe with all my heart that God can cure her from this disease if it is His will. Nothing is too big for our God. So let's increase our faith together, and ask God for a miracle.

Praying with you and experiencing the presence of God,
Jenny

7 comments:

Leala Danninger said...

Oh, I am praying for Katies health and your perseverance and wisdom! The Lord is able to get you all through this. I hope that in the midst of waiting for all these things to get done to bring the kids home and the uncertainty with Katies health, I hope you are able to enjoy your time there! I wish I could be in Uganda as we wait on our ruling, just seeing everything and playing with the kids!

If you get a chance, can you tell Arielle to check her email b/c I need to figure out flights. Thank you.

Leala

Kroll Family said...

Jenny,
As a mom, I can only imagine the concern you have for precious Katie. I have been praying for you all constantly since the day you left for Africa. I feel like your journey has truly prompted me to turn so much over to the Lord in prayer. There are so many things in life that we can't control and I am so grateful that I have my Lord to rely on. I pray that God would heal little Katie of every ailment. I pray for your safety and health. I pray for your family in MT. I pray that God would comfort you in the midst of your loneliness and worry. I pray that every legal decision would be made rapidly. You are loved, Jenny. Press on, dear friend.
Love, Jo

Asclepius said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Asclepius said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Asclepius said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cloughamily said...

Hey Jenny,

I just got off my knees from praying for you and Katie, inparticular, and for the medical attention she desperately needs. I continue to pray for your son, Christopher, too.

I had a thought about Katie while reading your entry. My oldest wasn't fond of sweets until he was almost 2 years old and even still is known to not finish a dessert. Anyway, I thought back to a post you wrote when you and Todd were in Uganda and, if I remember correctly, Katie didn't prefer ice cream and pineapple (or something like that). I'm not sure if it was because it was sweet or because it was cold. Kids can be finicky. With that said, I'm wondering if a few suggestions might help. Drinking warm water may work, if she doesn't prefer cold, or the reverse might work. Lemon in the water instead of something sweet might work if she isn't fond of sugar (like two of my children). Also, have you tried using a straw? When my older boys were very little and sick and needed more fluids we used this trick because it was fun for them and it worked. I know your resources are limited there in Uganda. These are just some things that came to mind, and maybe they will get your creative juices flowing. Katie is so blessed to have her Mommy there to care for her while she isn't well.

We are praying for all of you, a speeding ruling, and quick turn over of government documents. We love you, Jenny. Let us know what more we can do to help. As of now, we are petitioning, with thanksgiving, our King on your behalf. God bless you.

On our knees for you,
Erinn

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging...God is within her, she will not fall; God will help her at break of day...Come and see the works of the Lord...The Lord Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress." Psalm 46 (minus a few parts.)

Jessica said...

I am Praying!

PS...I remember what Robyn said about your son's not-a-dream vision and the clear instruction he had that you guys were supposed to pray for the two babies! I know it is tough circumstance, but Praise the Lord your family is now getting the opportunity to do what the Lord has commanded! When things seem impossibly difficult He is the way :)