Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Update

It has been difficult writing this blog only because I started a year and some after we began the adoption process. Therefore, everything I have written so far, is a retelling of what has happened in the previous months. I have been trying to get caught up with the present. I am almost there!
As of today, September 5, 2007, Christopher and Katie are 14 months old.
We are still waiting for an affidavit to be written and sent to us. Once we notarize it, we Fed Ex it back to Uganda and the court date is then set.
This past Labor Day weekend, I had an uneasiness in my spirit. I sensed that something big was happening in Uganda regarding the adoption. I even had a dream that everyone was talking about something significant happening. In my dream, I was praying. While I was praying, God showed me the judge looking at our file and seeing our names and who we are adopting. The judge then said, "I have never done this before, but I am going to give a ruling without seeing Todd and Jenny in court. My answer is YES! They can take them home. When I awoke, I felt a great need to pray for the judge that he would love Jesus, ask forgiveness of his sins, and give his life to the Lord. I told Kellen to be praying for the judge. Kellen said, "The judge already knows Jesus, he is just being disobedient." Interesting! We are praying that God would move upon the judges heart in such a way that a miracle would happen.
I am clinging to the scripture verse in Matthew 21:22. It says "If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer."
Lord, increase my faith!

No comments: