Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Jocelyn and Katie

I was able to get in touch with Jocelyn--the one who donated blood to Katie. She had incredible pictures to share with me and great descriptions of my children. It was a prayer answered. I had been longing and praying for someone to share a special connection with my children, to love on them and hold them. The following is an excerpt from an email she sent me:
"I'm so excited to spout off everything I know about Katie. Her and I spent most of 2 1/2 months together and coming home was pure torture for me. Where do I start? She is the most precious, unspoiled, unwhiny baby at the baby home. The only time she ever really cries is when she's really hungry (she doesn't like the breakfasts at the baby home and does usually eat very much, so around lunch time she gets a bit cranky. Well, she used to, that is. I don't know if she's still pulling that stunt). Other than that, she's happy and independant. Cuddly when you want to cuddle, but not so attached that she'll cry every time you leave. She always had this one special look for me when I walked into the room. The Mamas said that she didn't look at anyone else in that way. But I'm sure that as you get to know her, she'll transfer that special look onto you. It's a kind of "Hey! Jocelyn's here! Everyone, look! Jocelyn's here! Yay!" look. Haha, at least, that's what I pictured her thinking as she did it. She has the most beautiful big eyes in the world and she's quite lanky - I think she'll be a very tall, very thin girl as she grows up. She has a thing about biting and if you see her leaning toward you with her mouth open, it's usually a sign that she's going to take a chomp. Come to think about it, Christopher does it too. Katie doesn't have typical Ugandan hair. It's quite straight and fluffy (or what's there is - she doesn't have much!).As for Christopher, we didn't spend nearly as much time together, but I did get to know him fairly well. He's a very funny guy. Very active. We called him the Juggernaut because he just plows through anything and anyone in his way. He's always either crying loudly or laughing like a crazy person. He doesn't have much of an inbetween stage. At least, he didn't when I was there early this summer. He's a lot of fun."

1 comment:

The Bergstedt's said...

Oh Jenny, They are so perfect. So special. Looking at their pictures makes me just want to scoop them up and love on them. God is good. May He bless you as you wait! Gail